In October 2018, @KingKenEats and @Feed.Wing organised Food Meat 8 at Fuwafuwa Café in London. Fuwa Fuwa Café is the first Japanese super fluffy soufflé pancake café in UK. 26 people turned up to eat fluffy Japanese pancakes. My foodie friends have been raving about these Japanese pancakes so I was excited to try it out. These pancakes are cooked to order on an electric griddle plate for approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
When we queued up at the counter we saw the menu and important information notification. It says ‘Please be advised that our products may contain milk, eggs, wheat, soya, nuts and unicorn farts.’ Hilarious!
Below are some of the toppings you can have.
1. Matcha love is made from matcha vanilla cream, azuki red bean and white chocolate shavings. I found the serving of matcha cream to be too generous and overpowered the more subtle flavours on the plate.
2. Bubble tea topping was not on the menu and was made specially for @melche888. This was a pretty plate.
3. Summer fruit topping was made from strawberries, blueberries, bananas with vanilla cream and maple drizzle. This was the healthiest option!
4. Blueberry and yuzu cheesecake topping was my favourite as it had the right balance of savoury and sweetness for me.
5. Premium original topping is the house made honeycombe butter with vanilla cream and maple syrup. It was the classic option.
6. Banana and Nutella with vanilla cream and chopped hazelnuts topping.
I enjoyed seeing friends and meeting new ones at this Food Meat plus get to try these super fluffy pancake desserts.
Address: 1 Byng Place, The Brunswick Centre, London WC1N 1AW
Opening Hours: 11am – 9pm daily
Cost: £7.90 – £8.90
Have you been to Fuwa Fuwa Café London? What is your favourite topping?